In the safety of a supportive non-judgemental therapeutic relationship arts processes support the individual to express feelings that cannot be expressed in words and explore feelings and events that are either overwhelming or hidden. Trust and confidentiality are key elements of the therapeutic relationship.
Individual arts therapy sessions are generally one hour per week. Artistic skill is not required. Art Therapy is about the process not the product.
Arts Therapy is great for people of all ages.
Arts Therapy for Children
With kids the arts process is blended with play as play is the natural language of children. This includes sandtray, drama, puppetry, dance, creative movement as well as drumming/rhythm.
Arts Therapy hold many benefits for children;
- A safe environment for expression and exploration of feelings
- Increased self-awareness
- Developing a clear and positive sense of self
- Increased resilience
- Developing emotional regulation
- Build strengths, open up and enhance communication
- Deal with stress and anxiety
- Increase connection to body
- Increase connection to others
ADHD. Autism. Anxiety. Low Self-Esteem. Learning Difficulties. Emotional Regulation. Social Skills. Anger. Trauma. Family Relationships.
Please contact me for more information.
Go back to What is Arts Therapy?